Is a full-scale kitchen or bathroom renovation in your future? These popular kitchen and bath design trends are going to be seen frequently in 2018, so if you are preparing for a remodel, these stylistic features and finishes are an exceptional way to modernize your home and enhance its resale value:
• Quartz as granite’s replacement – For years, granite reigned supreme as the go-to kitchen countertop material. Today, more and more homeowners are opting for quartz, which boasts exceptional durability and incredible finish options. Concrete and butcher block countertops are also making their way into many homes, especially as an addition to a center kitchen island.
• Bold hardware—Chrome and satins will always be classic hardware options, but one trend that will be seen in 2018 is hardware that adds a bold statement. Incorporate shiny brass throughout your kitchen and bathroom for a modern, finished look. Or, if you are looking for something not quite as bright, rose gold still makes a statement.
• Stone sinks – Custom pieces are all the rage, and this specifically applies to custom sinks. In 2018, beautiful, hand-carved stone sinks will often appear throughout kitchens and bathrooms.
• Two-tone cabinets—For the past few years, all-white kitchens were the primary choice of people redoing their kitchens. Now, two-toned cabinetry is replacing this dominant trend. Add visual interest and contrast to your kitchen space by going with different-colored upper and lower cabinets. Or, simply paint your kitchen island a different color than your other cabinets.
• Blue and navy hues – Color is by and far one of the biggest design trends for 2018, and shades of blue are coming in strong. From doors and appliances to cabinets and fabrics, add a splash of color for a unique, contemporary look.
If you want to incorporate any (or all) of these popular kitchen and bath design trends in your home, let our team at Cabinet Studio help. Contact us today for more information about our services or to request an estimate.